Tuesday, July 17, 2012

St Bridget's News :)

So after much time away....I'MMM BAAACK!  Man, I really need to get some sort of routine going for my design stuff and what not.  Not having some sort of set schedule anymore is starting to get to me big time!

To help get this issue kick started in the right direction I spent yesterday afternoon / evening getting my new planner / art journal in order!  I am so VERY happy with how it turned out!  I'm so proud with myself and how my "winging it" idea came to life!  Ok well I had some help too! :)  While Pinteresting a few days ago I stumbled on a downloadable planner design that I didn't mind too much (well I rather enjoyed it really)...check out the original that inspired me here!  Although I do really enjoy this design, my OCD kicked in and I knew that there was just too much "off-kilter"  for me to willingly use the pages everyday!  So I decided to "borrow" the ideas I loved and make the planner my own!  With the whimsy and hand-drawn feel of Ms. Hawkins', but with a little bit more structure!



When it came to what to keep all of my organizing pages together with....I was a little stumped for a bit!  Initially I had just planned on using a thin 3-ring binder, but knew I didn't have one yet and that it may become a little bulky to keep with me when I'm not home.  While printing all of the pages in the Suana known as my office, I had an epiphony and decided to use my "Bits & Pieces" sketchbook I have had for months sitting on the shelf till I could decide what to use it for....now was the perfect time!
I'm so excited to see what comes about from this!  I made sure I left empty pages throughout as well as plenty of empty space on the pages for doodles, ideas, projects, Logan entertainment space, etc to allow this to be more that just a planner, but also a visual diary of how much my life really does RAWK!!!!

Till next time.....<3 Shan


No comments:

Post a Comment